Shampoo bars are one of the best alternatives to liquid shampoos, just like dry shampoos. Most of these shampoo bars have better ingredients than liquid shampoos and they are also more organic and gentle in effect. They leave hair brimming with health and luxe.
What Makes Shampoo Bars So Special?
Several features of a shampoo bar make it unique and resourceful.
- Shampoo bars are usually manufactured by eco-friendly brands that are also against using harsh chemicals that potentially damage hair. For example, sulfate and parabens are commonly found in liquid shampoos. However, shampoo bars are made with milder ingredients and do not include them.
- They usually contain a formula infused with essential oils so they are safely and luxuriously fragrant.
- They last up to 80 washes or more. Their lather is gentle and foamy.
- They save you from stocking plastic bottles and make you eco-friendly.
- They usually contain a hair conditioning oil that saves you from buying hair conditioners so shampoo bars are also quite pocket-friendly.
How To Use Shampoo Bars:
There is always a right way to do things and a wrong way to do things. If you are someone who has just switched to using shampoo bars from liquid shampoos, you do need some user guidelines.
The Step-by-Step Guide:
Make sure you are not rubbing the whole shampoo bar on your scalp or hair. It will ridiculously waste the bar. Instead here is a step-by-step guide on how to use a shampoo bar correctly on your hair.
- Wash your hair well with water.
- Section the hair in two equal parts.
- Wet your hands and rub the shampoo bar between your hands, creating lots of lather.
- Apply the lather on the left side of your hair section and gently massage your hands from the scalp to the ends. You must massage the lather on this section patiently and completely. Do not miss any part that is hard to reach like the nape’s hair. Move your hands slowly in a circular motion on your scalp and hair for 1 minute.
- Repeat the process with the right part of the sectioned hair.
- Rinse your hair clean with water.
How to Store the Shampoo Bar?
After you are done washing the hair, put your shampoo bar in a soap dish until it dries. Then store it in a shampoo bar container or any other small box that you have. Make sure the box that you are using closes well and is clean. It is best to buy a shampoo bar container, though. One needs to buy such a container only once and it goes a long way.
Make sure that your shampoo bar remains away from water, moisture, or direct sunlight.
Shampoo bars are quite easy to use and store. You just need to know the basic directions once and you are good to go with them for life. The best thing about shampoo bars is their essential-oil infused fragrance and mild lather and of course, their eco-friendliness!