What is Gourmand Fragrance?
Smells so good, you’d want to eat it.
A Gourmand Fragrance is a perfume that comprises synthetic notes of edible delights. They are loved as olfactory desserts as they engulf the smell receptors with pleasure.
Commonly, Gourmand Fragrances are made of sweet and warm notes, such as honey, chocolate, and candy; or comforting exotic scents like Vanilla or Coffee. The idea is to wear scents of delicious delicacies, and even perfume personal spaces with Gourmand Fragrances.
Though this concept is not recent, most Gourmand Fragrances were limited to sweetness. As the popularity grew, a diverse range of fragrances emerged, smells of all kinds of foods and drinks. Even peculiar scents like lobster and scents of other oceanic delicacies.
Popular Gourmand Elements
Notes of a Gourmand Fragrance can vary in feminine or masculine perfumes. Usually, the opening notes and heart notes are combined with non-edible base notes. The opening and heart notes can usually be edible, and vary from fragrance to fragrance. The base notes are generally warm and more ‘grounded’ to add balance and consistency to the perfume, such as amber, patchouli, musk, and warm spices like cinnamon.
Here are some of the widely used Gourmand Ingredients:
- Vanilla: Being loved as the world’s most popular flavor, Vanilla is frequently used in Gourmand Fragrances. As it is also a very luxurious and rich spice, Vanilla holds a dear place in the heart notes of many fragrances.
- Caramel: Caramel’s heavy and sweet aromas with subtle smoky hits are a treat for those who love Gourmand Fragrances. It adds sizzle and creates a sweet hazel ambiance.
- Honey: The creamy sweet aroma of honey fills the tiniest gaps. It is obtained in the form of beeswax or honeycomb extracts and used to add a comfortable vibe in the Gourmand Fragrances.
Synthetic Candy or Sweet Notes are also frequently used in many Gourmand Fragrances. Many flavourful scents are recreated to carry the enjoyable experience:
- Candyfloss: Candyfloss paired with vanilla and strawberries creates a fulfilling scent, giving a dense aroma of caramelized sugar with fruity notes.
- Cotton Candy: Cotton Candy is another favorite Gourmand fragrance, with overwhelmingly sweet notes that give comfort.
- Bubblegum: Bubble Gourmand Fragrance gives playful and jolly emotions. Its cute scent gives off an innocent and girly vibe.
There are many more fragrances with absolutely delicious aromas. Nutty fragrances are another favorite; peanut butter fragrances, almond, and walnut perfumes have rich and creamy tones. Many nutty aromas are added in base notes of more masculine Gourmand Fragrances.
Perfumers have also created Gourmand scents of leather and tobacco for masculine Gourmand perfumes. Notes of coffee and honey blended with thrilling spices add a ravishing touch mixed with common masculine notes.
Final Thoughts on Gourmand Fragrances
Gourmand Fragrances are not for everyone to own, but you can try. There are so many varieties to choose from, that if you’re not sure about the super-sweet Gourmand scents, more modest ones will do for you.
Many big names in perfumery are creating these delicious aromas, and everyone is going for them. Live your fantasy with these luscious fragrances, you’ll soon fall in love with them!